The New Toyota Supra unveiled
For 24 years, the Toyota GT Supra has personified the thrill of driving.
Defined across four generations by its classic six-cylinder, front engine, rear wheel drive sportscar layout and lightweight coupé styling, the iconic Supra has over time been exclusively crafted a rarefied realm where driver and car become one in search of the ultimate driving pleasure.
Now, in 2019, it’s time for Generation Next.
The straight-six cylinder engine is now equipped with direct fuel injection, turbocharging and mated to an 8-speed paddleshift automatic gearbox for ultimate performance, while electronics feature in the adjustable suspension and electronically controlled Limited Slip Differential (LSD), as well as the cockpit information displays.
Building on its history and designed for the future, the new generation Toyota GT Supra is the thoroughbred sportscar that performance enthusiasts have been waiting for.
Available in standard Gazoo Racing colours or in a special Gazoo Racing matte grey finish, the wait is finally over. The Supra is ready for you.
Unsurprisingly, the new Supra has been designed from the ground up to deliver driving pleasure and superlative performance at accessible limits.
As befits a vehicle with the pedigree of the Toyota GT Supra, the vehicle’s interior accoutrements reflect the intelligent engineering technology employed under the skin.
Discerning drivers can look forward to several smart tools in aiding their pursuit of piloting pleasure as tech meets tradition.
Always being in control means complete peace of mind.
This is why the Supra celebrates the passion of importance and the importance of safety in equal measure. Therefore, the car is fitted with driver, passenger, side, curtain and driver knee airbags.
The braking and dynamic control suite consists of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Traction Control (TRC) and Vehicle-Stability Control (VSC).
In line with its name and as befits a next-generation sportscar, the Supra goes far beyond what’s required.
Its advanced safety features include:
• Blind Spot Monitor*: This alerts the driver to the presence of unsighted vehicles in adjacent lanes.
• Pre-crash system with pedestrian detection*: Sensors indicate rapidly approaching vehicles and other objects to the driver, after which it will enable the automatic intervention of safety systems such as emergency braking and safety belt bracing to avoid or mitigate impact without driver input.
• Road sign assist*: Relays road sign information through the use of a camera to the multi-information display and heads-up display*.
• Lane change assist*: Works in conjunction with Blinds Spot Monitor* and informs the driver when adjacent lanes are clear to move to.
• Lane departure warning*: Alerts the driver when the vehicle wanders into other lanes.
• Adaptive cruise control with stop and go*: Maintains a safe distance to the vehicle in front, including the ability to autonomously come to a full stop and accelerate to keep the gap consistent at all times.
The Tyre pressure monitor continuously checks and alerts the driver to a loss of pressure in any of the tyres. Push-button start, along with the keyless entry and exit means you can leave the key untouched in your pocket, while the doors automatically lock upon pull-away.
Available on selected models.
Article courtesy of Toyota